September 16, 2011

A Linen Wreath


I fell in love with this wreath at Beautiful Nest and decided to head off to the fabric store for some linen! She gives a wonderful tutorial here on how to make it so I won't go into too much detail. I do want to add that I used 4 1/2 yards of fabric. I felt it needed to be full. I also tore my strips at 4 1/2 wide and then folded them at 4 inches.


I added a bit of personal touch with the fabric flowers. I love how each one turned out and the colors go nicely with my bookends in the living room!

I'm hoping of hanging this in an old window frame (which I don't own yet)... Guess I will need to do some antique shopping to find one!

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    your linen wreath turned out so cute! the flowers add the perfect pop of color and are the perfect finishing touch! Very clever! Hanging it on a old window frame would look great! I have quite a few and use them all the time, white for summer and spring and dark for fall and winter. I am in the process of changing out my mantle to fall and will be posting it Mon, I hope!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Just wanted to let you know, I'm adding you to my favorite list, hope that's ok.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is gorgeous! I love the linen - it's so simple and pretty!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree your wreath turned out amazing!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete