August 12, 2011

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!"


I apologize for being so absent this week. This is how I have been feeling...

"I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you.

You can get all hung up
in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You'll be left in a Lurch.

You'll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you'll be in a Slump.

And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done.

You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked.
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?

And IF you go in, should you turn left or right..
or right-and-three-quarters? Or, maybe, not quite?
Or go around back and sneak in from behind?
Simple it's not, I'm afriad you will find,
for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)"

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!"
By Dr. Seuss
I had a hang up this week...I am ready for a weekend to relax and get out of my slump! Thank you for being so patient and understanding. Hope you all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I was there this week! I hope you're finding your way back out of the slump. I'm clawing my way out...and at least I'm rug hooking.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete