August 16, 2011

My Little Sister

This morning was a big day for my younger sister. She is teaching her very first class. My stomach is twisting and turning just thinking about how nervous she must be today. As hard as it is to imagine my little sister teaching a class of 5th graders, I know she is the perfect person to enhance those kids' lives. She is so smart, funny, and motivating.

She just graduated from IU in May with a degree in Elementary Education with highest distinction. She also received certification in Special Education. I always stand in awe of her many accomplishments and the work ethic she used to achieve those things in only four years!

My little sister is growing up...and I couldn't be more proud of the person she has become. She just makes my heart smile. And even though I am older, I know there will always be things that I can learn from her.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of her I took this past spring...





She was hired for this position on Friday so she only had THREE days to get the classroom in order. We were working on classroom projects from 8 in the morning until 10 at night! We even worked 2 hours by flashlight Saturday night after a huge storm took the power out! It was quite an overwhelming weekend, but so much fun to see how excited she was when we finished.

I will be sharing some of our projects we made for the classroom this week!

1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed to have such a supportive, caring, generous sister like you. I've had a great model to look up to who helped get me where I am. Thank you for not only being a great sister, but my best friend :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete